Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Silly Saturday (Blueberry-Banana Popsicles)

Anytime I use the blender Cady my 22mth old gets so happy because it almost always means mom is making a delicious treat. She always does this silly half sumo wrestler half go-go dancer dance as soon as the blender starts going. This morning she was dancing for My Blueberry-Banana Popsicles. They are sinfully delicious, super easy and make a great smoothie as well.

Blueberry-Banana Popsicles (makes 4 to 6 pops depending on your mold sizes)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 ripe very ripe banana
1/2 cup vanilla or plain yogurt (I use Greek yogurt but regular or homemade is fine)
1/2 cup milk (any kind will work I use 2% or almond milk)
1 TBSP Lemon juice
1 TBSP Honey

Very simply blend ingredients well (I like to leave a few little chunks of blueberries but you don't have to) and pour into molds place in freezer until solid. To take out of molds you may need to run under hot water for a few seconds. These are so yummy be careful to eat slowly to avoid brain freeze LOL!

** if you don't have molds you can use Dixie cups and Popsicle craft sticks and just rip the cups off**

No comments:

Post a Comment